Front-End Digital Designer/Developer
- Posted by:
- Neil Thorne
- Job type:
- Full time
- Posted date:
- 6th September, 2012
- Salary range:
- £18-£25 d.o.e.
- Closing date:
- 1st October, 2012
Proof Digital is looking for a talented front-end designer/developer to join its dedicated team. We are a Full Service Conversion Rate Optimisation Agency with a strategic focus on giving our clients greater ROI. We combine this with compelling creative, to deliver exciting and profitable online marketing solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for any junior level front-end designers/developers looking for that next step in their career.
As front-end designer, you will be working with other designers/developer reporting directly to the Digital Creative Director, and you may involve managing more than one development brief at a time, allocating the relevant amount of time according to the value and priority of the job.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Working with other creative specialists to understand the design concept and advising on how it can be implemented technically within constraints;
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose, as well as working with their brand guidelines;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work;
- Produce, modify or maintain web solutions using a variety of technologies;
- Improve existing knowledge and acquire new skills through self-education, research and development, some of which may be outside of normal working hours.
- Actively contribute to discussions and brainstorming sessions as requested;
- Contribute to documentation (instructional, pitch and technical specification) where required;
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market;
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and to the highest possible standard;
- Attend client meetings if required;
- Working as part of a team with web developers, copywriters, other designers, account executives and social media and marketing specialists.
Skills you should possess:
- Competent in Photoshop (CS3 and above desirable)
- Competent in HTML(5), XHTML, CSS (1 and 2; 3 desirable) and appropriate editing tools;
- Be able to demonstrate ability to code valid XHTML and CSS
- Knowledge of HTML email best practice, as well as knowledge of building static websites using latest coding standard and technology;
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions;
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and be able to demonstrate work that conforms to accessibility guidelines;
- Good understanding of responsive and adaptive web development techniques;
- Dreamweaver, Coda or other HTML editing software
- Flash (not essential)
- Indesign & Illustrator (desirable)
- MS Word and Excel at standard-level or above
- MAC OSX based with a good understanding of Microsoft Windows, in particular working with Internet Explorer 6 onwards.
About the role
We are looking to fill a permanent position with a standard 3 month probationary period. Some agency experience would be an advantage but more importantly you should demonstrate a strong portfolio. You will be expected to hit the ground running, but we don’t expect you’ll know everything from day one. Salary and rates are dependent on experience. We invest in staff training, paying for you to go to workshops, conferences and talks where appropriate. You will be entitled to 20 paid holiday days per year (pro-rata), company bonus structure and generous pension scheme.
Interested? Get in touch today! send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please for this role.