We have an exciting new role supporting our Publishing Director in overseeing the whole development life cycle of a variety of products from conceptualisation to prototype. Offering great diversity and experience, the position will work over the four Curious Universe worlds: Book, Toy, Art & Craft and Stationery.
Full Job Description
At Curious Universe we pride ourselves on creating innovative and exciting products for everyone to enjoy.
This exciting new role will support the Publishing Director and assist on overseeing the whole development life cycle of a variety of products from conceptualisation to prototype. Offering great diversity and experience, the position will work over the four Curious Universe worlds: Book, Toy, Art & Craft and Stationery.
The Product Manager will play a key role in understanding and supporting the needs of our customers and sales team, assisting in strategy, planning, executing and supervising projects to meet business objectives and to ensure project delivery within budget and on time.
Working closely with Sales and the heads of Creative, the Product Manager will have a clear understanding of creating and leading process in order to support company growth and drive innovation and efficiencies.
- To support the Publishing Director in specified areas of the creative development process, including strategic research and planning, creating technical briefs for new projects and driving standards on sales material.
- To support the creative team through developing clear process and strong communication to enable them to turn ideas into exceptional products.
- Work with the Publishing director in monitoring and planning product timing and product title count
- Working with the Publishing Director on briefing and organising material and information for key customer and internal presentations.
- Meeting with management and Sales to identify project requirements, delivery timelines and costs
- Developing detailed project plans to guide the creative teams and revising based on changing needs and requirements
- Compiling and submitting project status reports to management and other stakeholders as required
- Supporting the Publishing Director on managing the budgets of multi-disciplinary teams involved with product development
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a similar role within a related industry (Books, Toys, Gift or Stationery)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly organised and proactive individual
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of managing schedules and workflow
- Able to build successful working relationships with internal teams and external suppliers
- Initiative, honesty and integrity
- Positive can-do attitude within a fast-changing environment
- A team player